Saturday, 12 December 2015

Step 5 - Feedback

Step 5


Step 1: Intro/Blog: Beverley has a clear profile picture and a great introduction in both her blog and moodle profile, which provided some insight into who she is and what she is studying. She provided a link which was simple to copy and paste for access to the 'about' section blog, in the  blog forum. She did not post a link to her blog in her moodle profile however.
Beverley's blog is set out in a way which enables you to take every post in at once, and pick out which one you need to look at a glance. There convenient links across her blog, of her company's website, annual reports and to relevant news and media.

Step 2:
When first reading Beverley's blog it is obvious that she has put the time in to get to know her company in detail, which is Medical Australia Limited. She provides a well structured overview of this company and the different sectors they invest in. It is clear from her companies annual report that they have been operating at a loss for the last few years and but have managed to generate a profit in 2014. I was very impressed the way Beverley broke down the companies strategies to make this happen.

I completely agree with her negative stance on the management remuneration package being way too high in 2013. Even in 2014 when they cut this back it was still their largest expense by far. Unlike most blogs I've looked at, Beverley does not have open ended questions that I have seen in step 2. Instead she has a section where she posed questions about her cash flow statement and provisions to herself and explained how she discovered the answers. I find this much more impressive as it displays the depth of her problem solving and knowledge of her firm.

Step 3: Company spread sheet is accurate and set out in a very easy to read way. Can't see any problems there at all.

Just wanted to say I appreciate the in-depth feedback I've received from you during this assessment Beverley. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into your comments and it was a great help. I've amended parts of my work and the small touches make a big difference. You blog looks great, and I'm sure you'll be please with your mark.



Hi Ben, your step one seems to be in order. You have your profile picture, description, link to your blog in your moodle profile and blog forum post.

Your blog is a very nice read Ben. It is well laid out with helpful links to your company website, annual reports, and financial summary. You have introduced your company quite well and their key challenges and their strategies to meet them.
From what I can see there doesn't seem to be much of the key concepts and questions to part 2 of your assessment. These guys seem to want us to get personal and note down the key concepts that stands out to us and our own thoughts and feelings about them, also any questions we come up with.

Good honest responses to the readings in step 4. There was a lot of stuff in those chapters that blew past me as well, but we'll get there.


Overall a good blog. Nice job Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment